Susan founded Glen Eagle Advisors in 2002 after having been an advisor for many years. Susan’s vision was to create a culture where advisors really partner with their clients to successfully meet their clients’ wealth management goals. As the owner of a growing business, mother of four children, daughter taking care of elderly parents and former teacher, Susan is able to advise clients with both empathy and understanding. Susan is particularly effective at working with clients to meet their financial and personal goals. Whether it is funding college education, setting up a business retirement plan, estate and trusts or financing a vacation home, Susan works with clients holistically to ensure that each client feels comfortable with the strategy and investment goals that they develop as a team. After graduating from the College of Saint Elizabeth, Susan began her professional career as a teacher. Since 1988 Susan has incorporated her love of teaching into her client relationships. She has found that clients both desire and deserve to understand the financial products and strategies that she is advocating.
Family and education are also an important theme in Susan’s personal life. She has successfully raised four children with love, encouragement and dedication in helping them to each reach their own personal education goals. Her oldest son graduated from the United States Naval Academy and served two combat tours in the Middle East. Her other two sons each attended Yale University and her daughter graduated from the University of Notre Dame.
Susan also believes in giving back to society. She volunteers for numerous church, community and professional organizations. Susan is an active member of the Women’s’ President Organization (WPO), Entrepreneurs’ Organization (EO), the Princeton Regional Chamber of Commerce, the New Jersey Association of Women Business Owners (NJAWBO), the Friendly Sons and Daughter of Saint Patrick of Mercer County, is a Trustee of the Barnegat Light Taxpayers’ Association (BLTA) and is Treasurer of the Iron Mike Foundation of Trenton Catholic Academy.
Glen Eagle Advisors is a certified Woman Business Enterprise
Learn about Susan Michel’s leadership philosophy
- 2013 finalist in the Woman Business Owner of the Year category of the Women’s Center for Entrepreneurship Corp Women Making their Mark in Business Awards Event. The award recognizes women who have demonstrated exceptional leadership and passion in their chosen profession, have a commitment to making a difference in the lives of others through their business and their community and serve as an inspirational role model for women.
- 2012 Top 25 leading Women Entrepreneurs and Business Owners recognizes women business owners that are making a difference through innovation, market growth community involvement and advocacy for women.
- 2013 NJBIZ Best 50 Women in Business Award recognized women business leaders who are shaping the economic future of New Jersey.
- 2012 semi-finalist for the Ernst & Young Entrepreneurial Winning Women program which is a national competition and executive leadership program that identifies a select group of high-potential women entrepreneurs whose businesses show real potential to scale.
- Susan was honored in October 2012 by the Mount Carmel Guild of Trenton at their Fall Gala Awards dinner Honoring Catholic Women in Business.
- Susan was a winner of the 2015 SmartCEO's Brava Awards, honoring top female CEO's.